Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Holiday Weekend...

...has been great! Of course it's almost over. Right now we're relaxing at home. Jeff is playing WOW, and Jessica and I are watching movies. This morning I went and hobbled around Wal-Mart shopping for groceries while Jeff stayed here with Jessica and did some laundry. That's about the only thing we've accomplished today, so I guess it's been a pretty lazy day. We thought about taking Jessica to the theatre to see Ice Age 3, but, well....how bad is it that we're too wore out from yesterday to even get ready and go out just to sit inside a theatre, lol!

Going to Busch Gardens for the Fourth was an awesome decision, and it was probably the best Fourth of July we've celebrated in several years! They had one heck of a fireworks show...I think the best one I've ever seen! Jeff and Jeremie rode a few coasters and I spent time playing in the gigantic playground with Jessica and watching her ride some of the kiddie attractions. We all enjoyed some good food and playing carnival games. We won so many stuffed animals that we had to rent a locker to put them in while we walked around the park. And the walking...lots and lots and LOTS of walking. At least I got my exercise for the day! One area of the park that we went through several times had a gazillion stairs...hence, my very sore legs and the hobbling today. You would think the park would be a little more kid/stroller friendly. But, by gosh, if I went up and down that many stairs a day, I'd have legs and buns of steel, lol!

Friday Jessica and I went to Natalie's first birthday party. Jessica had fun playing with her and the other kids in the pool, and of course, eating hot dogs and cake! Jeff stayed here and hung out with Jeremie. I can't believe he finally decided to come over after not talking to us since March. It seems as though they're gonna just forgive and forget everything that happened which is good I guess. Even though a part of me wants Jeremie to just admit he was wrong, I'm glad they're finally talking and hanging out again cause they've know each other too long to let their friendship just fall apart like that. We'll see what happens.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend!

No comments: