It never ceases to amaze me how fast time goes by....three weeks and so much has happened. I'll try to keep it short!
My most recent appointment with the infertility specialist....Jeff's little swimmers are indeed slow...very slow...which is why it is taking us so long to get pregnant. They still can't find anything medically wrong with me, so I guess Jeff gets the blame....poor guy! To help us achieve pregnancy, they are starting IUI this cycle, which is when they insert his semen directly into my uterus around the time of ovulation....and this should be happeing within the next week...woohoo!!!! To maximize our chances of pregnacy, they prescribed me clomid...a drug that increases ovulation...which I finished taking on Monday. And, yes, it does increase the likelihood of multiples! 99% of the multiple pregnancies resulting from clomid will be twins. We'd be thrilled! Today I go in for my mid-cycle ultrasound to see how many follicles have developed and to hopefully schedule the IUI!
Jessica has been doing amazing with potty-training, even after catching some sort of stomach bug that resulted in runny diarhea for two days....and she kept going on the potty! And not one accident at night either! I think we can claim that she is FULLY POTTY-TRAINED!!!
Jeff's parents came up to visit for a week and left yesterday morning. We had fun...as always! We shopped...ate out...Teresa and I got pedicures....we worked on the house. They helped us finish installing the baseboards downstairs, working on the interior doors, and painting the staircase hallway. Monday we went up to Busch Gardens and had a blast!!! We couldn't have picked a better day to go; the weather was perfect....mid 70s and slightly windy! Thanks to their "Salute to Heros" program, Jeff and me got complimentry tickets. WooHoo!!! Jessica rode on her first rollercoaster and loved petting the Clysdedales. She looked so tiny standing next to them! We got some great pics which I'll be posting soon.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment