Mom and Dad left Tuesday morning which has left me in a funky mood ever since. I miss everyone so, soooooooo much. It sucks. I'm sooooo looking forward to the day we live closer to home and can see our families more than 3-4 times a year. I just keep telling myself that this time next year we'll be starting to pack stuff up in preparation for moving back home...CAN'T WAIT!!!
As for their visit....it was great!!!
They got here late Friday afternoon and after a trip to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh veggies for dinner and a stop at the ice cream shop there...homemade ice cream=YUMMY!!!....I cooked orange-soy pork chops, roasted green beans and baby potatoes, and homemade chunky applesauce for dinner. It was a hit...YUMMY!!! We spent the rest of the evening sitting around here just visiting.
On Saturday we spent an hour browsing at Target. Jessica picked out her birthday presents from mom and dad and I found two gorgeous pictures to put in our bedroom. Later on that day we ate at CiCi's pizza and played put-put golf. Jessica had a blast and we didn't even bother keeping score...again!...since my little monkey kept collecting everyone's balls and putting them in the hole, LOL! Sound familiar?
Sunday was Jessica's birthday. I can't believe she's three...that'll be a whole other blog, lol! That morning we headed to the zoo and spent close to 4 hours there....longer than I expected. As a result, I got sunburned....the first time in like 5 years. It was so much fun and Jessica loved all the animals and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the water fountains they had at the entrance of the zoo.....plenty of pics to come! She ended up soaked; luckily I had borught a change of clothes with us. When we finally got back to the house, Jessica took a nap and I set up the dining room for her birthday and started my homemade raviolis. She loved her Dora themed birthday and got tons of presents.
Monday morning we headed down to the beach despite it being overcast and sprinkling already. I can't believe we live this close to the beach and hardly ever go. That's something that's gonna change....Jessica loves it!!! She stripped down to her swimsuit with no problem and then I had to keep a hand on her at all times to keep her from going too deep in the water. She wanted to run and dive into the waves...and was laughing the whole time!!! As mom put it, she's definetely a safety hazard, lol...so much for me laying out and relaxing when we're there. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing...I mean, napping...at the house. After several busy days, we were wore out! We ended the day with an early dinner at Plaza Azteca and some shopping at the mall.
Fun times!!! Pictures from all our adventures will be posted soon! I promise!!!
BTW, Jessica turned out to be a HUGE grandpa's girl the whole weekend!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment