Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy, Excited, and Hopeful!

My appointment this morning went and I quote the doctor "GREAT!"

The ultrasound was to see how my body...moreso my ovaries....responded to the clomid. There were 2 very mature follicles and 2 almost mature follicles...all of which may or may not contain an egg. The doctor said it is more likely that the mature follicles will contain an egg and the and the two almost mature ones might not. Since there are four follicles in all with a possibilty of four eggs that could be released at ovulation, there is an increased chance of having multiples...again, if it does result in multiples there is a 99% chance it would be twins. I told her we'd be thrilled if that was the case. Since my body apparently responded very well to the clomid and the doctor said everything looked great, we scheduled the IUI for tomorrow morning at 9.

They also did a urine test to make sure I am about to ovulate cause it doesn't make since to do the IUI and have Jeff's little swimmers floating around in my uterus and no egg there to be fertilized. It was negative, so they gave me a shot of hCG (pregnancy hormone) to trigger ovulation which means I should be ovulating in approximately 36 hours...and that I might experience some pregnancy-like symptoms such as naseau and/or vomiting....oh joy.

The doctor then recommended that as of tomorrow night at 8:00 we should have sex and continue having lots of sex on Sunday to increase our chances of becoming pregnant. Jeff liked this idea!!! LOL!

So...this is me hanging the DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door and politely asking our friends and family not to call this weekend...serious baby-making in progress! Wish us luck!!!

No comments: