My appointment yesterday went good. The doctor performed a quick examination and then we discussed my medical history. Not very many answers yet....as the doctor put it, it's hard for her to give me answers when she doesn't even know what is wrong yet, so she gave me a sheet detailing all the procedures and tests I would be having done and helped explain them to me. She recommended getting them all done by the end of my current cycle, and luckily I was able to schedule all the appointments for the next couple weeks.
The first is bloodwork that has to be taken on Day3 of my cycle to test about half a dozen different hormone levels. That was today, by the way, and I actually didn't pass out!
I have to have a pelvic ultrasound done which will be done the weeek after next.
I have to have a HSG procedure/test done between Day4 and Day12 of my cycle which will show the shape of the inside of my uterus and whether I have opened or blocked fallopian tubes. I am NOT looking forward to this test since they have to inject a dye into my uterus via a catheter....oh joy! Oh, and within 24hrs before this test is done, I have to have a labratory pregnancy test done to confirm that I'm not pregnant. All this is scheduled for next week.
AND.....Jeff had to do a semen analysis! LOL!
After all the tests have been completed, I can call the infertility clinic back and make another appointment to discuss my tests results and go from there.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl! Glad to hear you are finally making some progress! We miss you guys so much! Call me sometime soon so we can catch up. I try to remember to call you but between work, the boys, ball practice, and church...my mind gets so boggled it's not funny! I have too much going on right now! I am so excited though, the boys are having their first game this month! Wish you guys could be here! Miss ya...give Jessica my love and kisses!
Post a Comment