Our holiday weekend was wonderful! We spent both mornings playing at the park with Jessica and the rest of our time relaxing at home. I cooked a delicious Easter dinner for us including honeybaked ham, loaded baked potatoe salad (a new recipe I wanted to try), mac and cheese, green bean casserole, and fruit salad. I even tried a new dessert recipe--strawberry creamcheese pie. It turned out ok....Jeff seemed to enjoy it more, but he's also a bigger fan of cheesecake than I am.
We started a tradition with Jessica passed down from my parents in which the Easter bunny hides your Easter basket, so part of the fun on Sunday morning is finding it. Jessica found hers hidden in the dryer and after a couple of hours, we realized that the Easter bunny left her waaaaay too much candy! It took her an over an hour to lay down for a nap yesterday!
Jessica helped me crack and peel our colored eggs to make the potatoe salad and deviled eggs. She actually peeled two whole eggs by herself, and after I helped her rinse them off, she presumed to eat both of them!! She's so picky about what she eats lately that I was surprised she liked them....but at least I know she got her full serving of protein for the day!
We also decorated some yummy homemade cupcakes to look like Easter baskets. We dyed some coconut green for the grass and used jelly beans for the eggs and shoestring licorice for the handles. They turned out really cute except the licorice kept falling over so we just took it off.
Oh yeah....I did take pictures of Jessica helping me with the eggs and cupcakes and also of her finding her Easter basket, but it died on me while she was pulling all the goodies out. I'll download and post the pics if I ever remember to buy more batteries when we're out!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment