We are at such a good point in our lives right now. Jeff has been home for four and a half months and we have spent the majority of that time just reconnecting as a family. It’s been so good having him home again, and thankfully, even though his new command (a mobile security detachment) is deployable, there are no scheduled deployments until October of next year.
I actually really like this new command….mostly because of his working hours. Unless he has to stand watch (about once every two weeks), he has weekends and holidays off, Mon-Thurs he’s usually home around 2 or 3, and on Fridays he’s home before noon! I LOVE IT!!!! He hasn’t had this good of a schedule in over five years! So due to this wonderful schedule, we’ve had a lot of time to spend together as a family which is exactly what we needed after being apart for over a year. It’s definitely been good for us!
Jessica is growing up on us and becoming too smart for her own good at times. Jeff says she’s getting too big for her britches, and I tend to agree. Although she tests our limits on a daily basis now, she really is an amazing, well-behaved child. Jeff and her have really bonded since he’s been home, and I think she’s finally turning into a daddy’s girl which, I know all too well, is exactly how it should be. She is truly a blessing to us and has enriched our lives in so many ways. We LOVE being parents…so much so that we’ve been trying for baby #2!!!!! Hopefully, it won’t take two years this time around! We're keeping our fingers crossed!
Here lately I’ve developed a very strong love/hate relationship with this house; I think we both have! We’ve done so much work to it that the results have been phenomenal; however, it seems as though every time we start a new project, we find some underlying damage that ends up costing twice as much to repair and complete the original project. But the end results are worth it, and after some hard work, a lot of time, and a good bit of extra money, we have transformed this 1968 townhouse from a fixer-upper with ugly green carpet into the house we wish we could’ve bought to begin with. We still have more to do, but it finally feels like a home rather than just a house.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment