As of last night, Jessica and I have been in Guam two weeks!
The flight over went really well considering that three days beforehand, I took Jessica to the doctor because of a horrible cough that wouldn't go away and a low-grade fever that wouldn't go down. She had strep throat!!! UGH!!!!!! Thankfully having an antibiotic and cough suppressant running through her system by the time we flew out seemed to help!
And what a trip it was!!! We checked in at the ticket counter in Nashville at 4:15 am for a 6:10 am flight to Houston...then it was 8 hrs to Hawaii and 8 more to Guam. By the time I gathered our luggage at baggage claim and cleared customs, it was 3:30 am central time the following day and 7:30 pm in Guam. 23 hr total trip time with 18 hrs spent in the air!!! I DO NOT plan on repeating that trip anytime soon! And hopefully not by myself with Jessica again! But it was worth it though...to finally be here....and see Jessica run into Jeff's arms and not let him put her down until we reached the car. Thank goodness for those luggage carts at baggage claim, lol!
And she did amazing on the plane...of course, I brought enough things to keep her occupied, lol...and it also helped that on the longer flights we had personal tv screens in the back of each headrest to watch some movies...I finally got to see The Blind Side and Jessica watched a couple of the kids movies. She even slept some on the first two flights and on the final one she was only awake the first 2 hrs. She's such a good little traveler....even laughed and said it was "fun" whenever the plane would take off or land!
I guess this one's long enough now....I promise to post more about out adventures so far...complete with pictures. Have I mentioned it's absolutely gorgeous here??!!
ttfn!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment