A couple weeks ago...on March 15th....Jeff and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it was that long ago that I was in VaBeach visiting Jeff during my spring break....and that by the end of the day we'd be husband and wife! That one split-second decision to elope turned into many years of marriage....and what an incredible eight years it has been! So in honor of marital bliss, I thought I'd post some quotes.
I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner
A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time. ~Anne Taylor Fleming
More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. ~Doug Larson
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. ~Barnett R. Brickner
In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced. ~Robert Sexton
The sum which two married people owe to one another defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only be discharged through eternity. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret
A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment