Sunday, August 2, 2009

2nd IUI

Jeff gave me the trigger shot Thursday night which did indeed turn out interesting. We had to mix the solution together....saline with the powder....then draw it up into the syringe and change the fill needle with the injection needle. Of course, he did a lot of this since I couldn't even stand to look at the needles, lol! Yeah, I can laugh now that's it's done! Then it was time. I laid down on the couch and showed Jeff the area of injection...and...he did it...right into my backside like a pro! It didn't hurt any more than when the nurse injected it last time! Of course, he's had some medical training so I shouldn't have expected any less. I love having that much trust in him, cause let me tell you....besides him, a trained medical professional, and my parents who both have experience with giving shots, I would NEVER, EVER let anyone anywhere near me with a needle!!! And of course, since the shot, I've had a few mild hot flashes....not too bad yet!

The IUI was yesterday and went well. It took a bit longer this time since my part of the procedure was done in Labor&Delivery. There must have been several laboring women in back close to giving birth so we weren't considered high priority, and I ended up waiting an hour in one of the exam rooms by myself. It wasn't too bad; I made myself comfy on the bed and finished almost four chapters of the book I brought! Once the doctor came in the procedure only took five minutes and then I had to lay there anther 30 minutes to increase the chance of success. Hopefully in another nine months I'll be one of those "high priority" women about to give birth, lol!

I was cramping some yesterday on my right side...where both the follicles were...which I'm guessing was due to ovulation, so I think we got the timing right! YAY!!! In another couple of weeks, we'll know if this one took! Keep your fingers crossed for us...I know ours are!

No comments: