Our Christmas was wonderful--Jeff had a four day weekend so we had a lots of time to sit back and enjoy the holiday. Jessica got soooooo many presents and had a blast opening all of them. She looked like she was in shock when she first came downstairs Christmas morning and saw what Santa left for her. It was funny. It didn't take her long to realize their was candy in her stocking though!
After we ate our delicious Christmas dinner--honeybaked ham, homemade potatoe salad, green bean casserole, and fruit salad--the three of us met Jeremie, Cherisa, and her kids at the theatre to see the Tale of Deseroux. I couldn't believe the AMC theatre was actually open! It was packed, though, and the most amazing thing happened while we were there. Jeff and Jeremie went to get all of us some concessions, and when they came back Jeff told me that he didn't pay for any of it. I thought that maybe Jeremie had picked up the tab, but then they explained to us that an older gentleman standing behind them in line heard them talking about their jobs and life in the military and offered to pay for their drinks and popcorn. He gave them each $20 and told them to keep the change. He said that he used to be in the Navy and so every Christmas he likes to find service members and help them out a little since he knows all too well the sacrafices they make for our country. I was shocked that in todays society there are still people out there like that....like we all should be...it was a such a kind and thoughtful gesture. It really made our Christmas more special and Jeff assured me that they thanked him several times for his generosity.
As for New Years....Jeff has another four day weekend...YAY!!!!!....and tomorrow night we have some friends coming over to play games, have some drinks, and watch the ball drop. I don't really have any New Years resolutions....unless you count getting pregnant being one!!! Overall I just want to be happy and healthy this year. I can't wait to see what next year has in store for us!
Happy New Year everyone!!!!! And please be safe tonight and don't drink and drive!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl...Happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment