I can't believe Christmas is only a week away!!!!!!!! We've been busy with Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, enjoying the holiday with each other, planning our holiday leave, and several other things which is why I haven't updated recently....but I'll give it a try anyway....
Our Thaksgiving was wonderful. I cooked way to much food for the three of us so we were eating leftovers for days--although the deviled eggs only lasted a couple of hours!! I can't complain though cause everything was delicious. It definetely made up for last Thanksgiving. That weekend was spent putting up the Christmas tree and decorating it. Jessica loves it and had a blast helping!
Our roomie of nine months finally moved out and Jeff spent a couple of hours helping him move. That afternoon was spent putting up our old queen size bed in there for guests (since one of our Christmas presents to each other was a new King size bed!) and organizing some of the upstairs closets since we finally have an extra one to store stuff in. It's nice to finally have the house to ourselves again.
One weekend we painted our kitchen a neutral golden yellow called HoneyPot. It looks awesome and changes tones throughout the day depending on how the natural light hits it. I find myself still amazed with how much a simple coat of paint totally transforms a room. I LOVE IT!!!! And Jessica loved it too! She was quite entertaining while we were busy painting, declaring how much she loved yellow and how "beautiful" it is and how much she "doesn't like orange" now and it is "yucky," even though she loved it a month ago when we painted the dining room. It was pretty funny. Even now, over a week later she still is favoring the color yellow and says she doesn't like orange anymore.
AND...the most exciting thing...at least for us anyway....last night Jessica pooped in the toilet!!!!!! And I know in about another ten years or so she'll probably want to kill me for posting this but we're sooooo excited. After months of trying to potty-train and then her lack of interest in it....and finally she goes! Even though it is sorta backwards cause I know most kids usually will pee in the toilet before they will poop, I'm not gonna complain cause at least she's doing something! Our baby girl is really growing up....I even cried last night when she went! I'm so proud of her!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment