Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend & Such

Our Thanksgiving was awesome. I cooked way too much food for the three of us--turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs,, just to name a few--so we were eating leftovers for days. I'm not complaining though cause it was delicious, even though the deviled eggs only lasted a couple of hours!

The past week and a half have flown by....so many random things. We put up the Christmas tree and decorated it Thanksgiving weekend and have spent a lot of time Christmas shopping. I finally wrapped Jessica's presents and put under the tree a couple of days ago.

Friday our computer crashed so we had to spend the afternoon shopping for a new one without spending too much. I love the one we picked out!

Saturday morning was spent painting the kitchen a neutral golden yellow called HoneyPot. Jessica was quite entertaining as we were painting....she kept declaring how much she loved yellow, but now hated orange (as in the dining room, which she loved several weeks ago when we first painted it.) She said and I quote "The kitchen is beautiful and orange is yucky" It was hilarious. I still find myself amazed at how a simple coat of paint can totally transform the way a room looks and feels.

Last night while Jeff was out playing a poker game, I curled up on the couch with some ranch seasoned popcorn and recently bought fudge to watch Sisterhood 2 for a well needed break.

No comments: