Tuesday, February 9, 2010

UPDATE!!!

I know, I know...finally, right? I am SOOOO far behind in writing a "real" update that I don't even know where to begin!!!

Well....

Medical suitability screenings were completed in Dec. and we were all found "suitable" for overseas assignment. Thank goodness because six shots between the three of us and having to physically hold Jessica down twice in two days is NOT my idea of fun!

Our Kia Sportage was shipped at the end of Dec. and arrived in Guam last week...2 wks earlier than expected...YAY!

Our express shipment (linens, towels, dishes, cookware, etc.) was packed and shipped at the end of Dec as well and also arrived last week.

We took transfer leave during January in which we spent loads of time with our family and friends.

Jeff flew out of Jackson, MS on Jan 28th headed for Guam and arrived there safely 20 something hours later...can I just say how much I'm not looking forward to that flight...with Jessica... all by myself!

Jessica and I are currently back in VaBeach finishing the pack-out. The pre-inspection for our household goods move was yesterday, the storage move is tomorrow, and the actual packing and moving of everything else will be next week. During all this time, I'm still waiting to collect mine and Jessica's passports and make our flight arrangements...which isn't going all that smoothly right now....go figure!

Jeff has been busy checking into his new command, registering the Kia in Guam, and also house-hunting for rentals since we opted out of base-housing. He has found us a lovely 3 bdrm, 2 bath house in a rather new subdivision about 15 minutes from base. The pictures look GREAT! He's already signed the lease and is currently working on all the security deposits. Scheduled move-in date is Feb. 19th! Our express shipment as well as loaner furniture will also be delivered that day.

Whew!!! I'm sure there's some minor things that I've probably forgotten about over the past 6wks but that's the majority of it! I'm really gonna try to keep this updated better...I hope!

No comments: