I was in my second yr of college and driving to class. I always listened to cds while I was driving so I had no clue what was going on. I get to the college, park my car, and start walking into the building. This guy from my A&P class comes up to me and says, "Can you believe what's happening?" I responded with a "what are you talking about?' And he told me.
I was in shock. Jeff had just left for boot camp five days before. Maybe it was a bit selfish but my first thought was what's gonna happen to Jeff. All these people are dying and yet all I can think about is what this means for Jeff and our future together. Will he be sent off to war? Will we get married in a couple of months like we have planned? Will he even finish boot camp?
I barely made it through my first class trying to hold myself together. Luckily, the professor in my second class dismissed us early so I went to Jeff's parents house and watched the events unfold. That's when it really hit me....watching people jump, seeing the towers fall, seeing the replays of the planes hitting the towers. After a while I couldn't take it anymore, so I went to Jeff's room, curled up in his bed, and cried myself to sleep.
I'll never, ever forget that day. I don't think any of us will.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment