Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update

Curently I'm making chocolate-chip cookies with Jessica and waiting for them to finish baking. Alright, I'll admit it...we cheated and used pre-packaged cookie dough, lol!

As far as an update goes....I'm so far behind, it's not even funny! Where to begin...

We had a third IUI last month, and I guess third time isn't the charm...or at least it wasn't for us. Since my journey with the infertility specialist and procedures was taking such an emotional toll on me, we decided it would be best for us to take a break from all of it for a while. We're not stopping ttc by any means, but we're gonna try it the old-fashioned way again...without meds, doctors visits, and procedures. And let me tell you...not taking all those meds in almost a month and no hot flashes or mood swings has been AMAZING! I haven't felt this good all summer long, and ttc has actually been fun again...the way it's suppose to be! I know without a doubt that we made the right decision.

Jessica is doing great...although she's testing us more and more on a daily basis...from just plain not listening and doing what we say to actually talking back...oh joy! We're trying to nip all this in the bud, so little Ms. Jessica has been spending a lot more time in time-out. She even...for the first time ever...slammed her door this afternoon after she was sent to her room for time-out. Being a parent can really be trying on certain days!

Jeff's limited duty has been extended for another six months, and he'll be going back through physical therapy for his back soon. And the idotic doctors want to do another spinal block....we'll see what happens with all that.

Jeff even mentioned the other day about possibly wanting to re-enlist for three more years. We don't even know if he can cause we're waiting on his perform-to-serve papers to come back. If it's denied then we won't have a choice and we'll be getting out and moving closer to home next summer, but if it's approved we have a BIG decision to make in the next 6-9 months. A lot of it depends on if he makes first class this time around. We should find out in Nov. I completely understand and agree with his reasons for wanting to stay in--the stability of a decent paycheck 2x month, the insurance, and the possible re-enstatement of re-enlistment bonuses for his rate (which would just be icing on the cake!)--and am behind him 110% if he chooses to do so, but...MAN...I wonder if we're insanely crazy for considering it or just a glutton for punishment, lol!

As for me...I've been working on getting a part-time job to help out with finances. Since I have so many years of childcare experience, I knew I could get a job in that field pretty easily, but I didn't want to work in a daycare setting again. I very much prefer one-on-one time with children and a more personal relationship with the famliy, so I've been applying for different nanny positions. So far I've had an interview with a local nanny agency, and through them I've met and interviewed with one family for a part-time evening postion and subbed for a different family for one night cause their regular was having car problems. After all this, it turns out I might end up with a part-time position with the famliy I subbed for. I should know for sure by next week!

Other than that, it's been pretty much "same 'ol, same 'ol" around here, so I guess that's about it. I promise to get back on here more often!

ttfn

No comments: