Monday, November 17, 2008

Another First

Yesterday we took Jessica to see Madagascar 2 (or as she calls it..."Gadagar 2") in theater--her first time in a movie theater!!! Jeff and I have always loved going to the theater so to see her reaction to the big screen was not only priceless but also incredibly exciting for us. When the previews started, her eyes got huge and her face absolutely lit up in awe and wonder of this "really, really big loud tv" that mommy described. There were a few too many previews in my opinion, especially for a kids movie, so Jessica got a little impatient and kept asking, "Gadagar, mommy....Gadagar 2?" I explained to her that Gadagar 2 was indeed coming and we were gonna get to watch Gloria, Marty, Melvin, and Alex.

AND.....She loved it!!!! She laughed and pointed and was so amazingly well-behaved...like this should shock me anymore...but also we had explained to her before we left that she had to sit down like a big girl and be at least semi-quiet in the theater, and she was! She alternated from sitting between Jeff and me to sitting on my lap. About halfway through the movie she got a little restless and wanted to get down, so we let her stand in front of our seats and I kept her occupied with popcorn, M&Ms, and Skittles. Of course, by the time we got in the car to go home, she was...shall I say...a little sugared up!

What I loved most was the atmosphere--very family-oriented. Even though I knew it was a kid's movie to begin with, I wondered how people would act if Jessica didn't sit down the whole time or if she started talking. Well, let me tell you, I had nothing at all to worry about! It was all families there--tons of parents and their young children...some that were actually younger than Jessica...so no one minded or even cared that a two year old was a tad bit restless and had to stand up and kept asking for only the "blue and green skittles." I was very pleasently suprised and really enjoyed it. It was an awesome experience....one we are definetely gonna repeat!!

No comments: