Friday, May 8, 2009

The Military Spouse

(author unknown)

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give.
However, the military world is the place in where I live.

I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.
But my spouse is the one who does, this I cannot forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough; I'm the one that's left behind.

My spouse is a patriot, a brave and prideful American,
and the call to serve our country not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My spouse makes the sacrifice, but so did our kids and me.

I love my other half who serves without expecting any thanks.
I am known as the Military Spouse who stands amongst the silent ranks.

No comments: