Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Working Weekend

I thought the whole point of having weekends was to have time off to sit back and relax. Well, we did have a little time to relax, but most of the weekend was spent yet again working on the house. I'm not complaining though cause we got a lot accomplished!

Yesterday we painted the downstairs hallway. I also tore up the caulking around the counters in the upstairs bath since it was coming apart from the wall anyway, and in the process I messed up some of the paint, so I had to apply spackle and wait until today to sand it, wash it, and re-paint over it. While I was up there I finally touched up the some 'holiday' spots and the edgeing around the ceiling....something that should have been done months ago. It looks so much better in there now!! I also sanded, washed, and painted the spot in our downstairs bathroom where Jeff and his dad had removed our old light fixture.

Tomorrow while the kids are napping I plan on touching up some spots in the downstairs hall and applying fresh caulking around the counters in the kitchen and upstairs bath....and then we should be done....until next weekend at least!

No comments: