Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Been A While

Approximately 8 months. Where do I even begin?

Hmmmm....

We left Guam mid-July and made that looooong trip again for the second and final time. I won't be missing that...or adjusting to the 15 hr time difference! But I do miss the island...the beaches...the amazing natural beauty found there. We made some great memories, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to have expeienced it. I fondly call it our "5 month vacation courtesy of Uncle Sam."

We were indeed transferred back to Virginia Beach where we found a nice 2-bdrm apartment to rent for the time being. It's a lot smaller than any of our living arrangements the past 4 yrs, but it's perfect for us right now and has a great view of the small lake on the complex's property.

Since September, Jessica has not only been attending pre-k classes 5 days a week at a wonderful preschool, but has also been taking dance classes once a week as well. She loves and is doing well in both!

During Jessica's pre-k registration in August, a job practically fell right into my lap. The director of the preschool found out I have childcare experience and immediately offered me a job in the toddler room! I gladly accepted and haven't regretted a minute of it!!! So while Jessica is learning everything in preparation for kindergarten, I am right down the hall in a room full of 15 toddlers...thankfully with two other teachers, lol! After a chaotic summer, it was nice to finally have things work out so perfectly.

Jeff is still on limited-duty and is at a temporary command where he's been assigned to work at the base chapel...if you can even call it work, lol. Most days he is home by 10 am!!! Currently he is trying to get a second opinon from a different doctor in order for his medical board to be sent to D.C. for review. Once that happens...which could take 2-6 months...he will either be found fit for continued duty and put up for new pcs orders, or he will be found unfit for duty and either medically discharged or medically retired from the U.S. Navy. We're hoping for the latter and just taking the uncertainy a day at time for now.

Whew!!! I think that's it. I probably left out a few things, but I'm pretty sure I covered all the major changes in our lives during the past 8 months. I'm gonna try and keep this blog updated more often now. No promises...but I'll try!

ttyl