Thursday, December 3, 2009

GUAM!!!

Yep, you read it right. Guam! Not Italy. So for those who don't already know....for the next three years, we are going to be stationed in Guam for Jeff's sea duty rotation. We found out two weeks ago, and received the hard copy of his orders last week....which state that he has to report in no later than January 28!

We both have a lot of mixed feeling about it, but overall we are incredibly excited about this new adventure....about living on a tropical island for three years. I mean, if we're gonna stay in the military, we might as well get out and see some of the world on their dime, right? And while all of you are freezing your tushes off in the middle of winter, we'll be sunning on the beach and taking a dip in the ocean!!! Just had to throw that in there, lol!

But of course, we have to get there first....which if this week is gonna be any indicator of how the next couple of months will go...well, let's just say it's gonna be one bumpy ride! There is SOOO much to do before we can leave and so little time to do it in. Everything I've managed to accomplish so far has ended up taking twice as long as expected for one reason or another....which has made for one very stressful week.

So far I've filled out paperwork for mine and Jessica's passports which we're gonna have done next week. I've picked up mine and Jessica's medical and dental records and filled out yet more paperwork for our overseas medical suitability screening which will also be done next week. I was lucky and so very thankful that mom was able to find my immunization records and mail them to me...all within 48 hours, might I add....which means I won't have to get all those shots again!

This is all just the beginnings of what has to be done...not including the pack-out of our household goods and the shipment of our Kia....among many, MANY other things. I know I haven't been the best at keeping this thing updated, and I'm pretty sure it won't get any better the next month or so due to everything going on, but I'll try to pop on every now and then to let everyone know how we're doing. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: